SQLPLUS variable length spooled records

From: Andy Bates <BatesAndy_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:53:39 +0100

I'm spooling the results of a query where the records can vary from short (say 40 chars) to long (say 800 chars)
I want the records in the file to be the same length as the query result, rather than blank padded to linesiz.

This is using Oracle 7.1 on VMS. I've got a sqlplus manual from a later version which says that set ter Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 16:53:39 CDT