Slow table

From: Ulf Grindstad <griulf_at_online.no>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:08:28 +0200

I'm working with a database with several tables, I tried to do Select Count(*) from table, on two different tables. One returned the answer in about two seconds, and the other used about a minute. I also added a new column on the both tables, and on the slow one it took about a minute, and on the other one it took appr. two seconds. Both tables has around 50000 rows, and 10 varchar2 columns.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

ulf Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 07:08:28 CDT