SQL 7 to Oracle 7.3

From: Joe F <Work_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:03:55 +0100

Have you managed to connect ms SQL 7 to Oracle 7.3?

I'm trying to connect Oracle 7.3 to SQL7 via Linked Servers from SQL7 When choosing New Linked server, and select Other, Oracle I get the following boxes to fill in.
I am totally confused by them as they don't appear to relate to any existing things I currently have in my Oracle connectivity bits .

    Product Name:
    Data source:
    Provider string:

I have an Oracle ODBC connection that works with Access I also have a SQL*Net connection that has

    Alias:
    Instance:
And when I connect to Oracle using, I assume SQL*Net, I get these prompts;

    Username:
    Password:
    Service:(DB Alias)
How do these relate to the SQL7 prompts I receive?

Can you please help?
Joe Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 04:03:55 CDT