Oracle Forms 4.5 Q

From: Brothers, Robert <rbrothers_at_tqtx.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:21:46 -0500

I've been working with Oracle on an ALPHA/VMS system for quite a while writing PRO_c and Pro_pas programs for extract and user interfaces. Now I'm trying to learn Oracle Forms (v4.5) to become less dependent on custom programs written in C and Pascal or Fortran.

I've come across a problem which I've been unable to resolve. It involves LOVs.

My desire is to create an ITEM list (the one with the arrow in the block) that is dynamically filled with values from a table. The user would be able to click on the down arrow to pop open the list (a la M$ Winders :<).

I've been trying to follow the procedure given in the Forms Developer's Guide in chapter 9. Everything compiles and I get no runtime errors, but I also get nothing in the list. Can someone tell me the secret (PS it's no secret that I don't know much about Forms :-{

Regards
Bob Brothers
TriQuint Texas

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/  Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 15:21:46 CDT