objectifying data?

From: Tulse X. Luper <erewhon_at_saltmine.radix.net>
Date: 1 Sep 1999 18:30:42 GMT

Hello... We're working on a potential Oracle 8 database with no fixed schema*, and possibly, variant rules for interpretation of data. (Sorry, can't go into details, proprietary...) Does anyone have any pointers to where I can look for information on how to approach objectification of data representation, with possible rules storage? I know this is far from the standard approach for RDBMSes, but that's the way things arte falling out... Any personal advice on (hits to) performance, maintenance, etc.?

Many thanks in advance... Please email copy responses if possible.

*For those who may be confused by this statement, there will be a schema, of course, but no description of data properties on a DB level...

                         "Everything written vanishes."
------------------------------------ Tulse Luper: 92 mercurial merlins in VUE.