Re: Context Cartridge

From: sd <dyrdahl_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:51:23 GMT

We are using 8.0.5 and I have now found Oracle's documentation. The problem that still remains is that the drq_pending table is not getting populated because ctx_ddl.create_index is not creating a trigger on the indexed table. I followed all of the installation steps and the demo seems to work correctly. I checked and a trigger was created for the demo tables. Obviously I could manually create the triggers, but this doesn't solve the actual problem. Any ideas as to what I am missing here?

In article <19990831232902.17427.00002919_at_ng-ck1.aol.com>,   timkarnold_at_aol.com (TimKArnold) wrote:
> Are you on 8.0.5 or 8i or something else?
> You should have documentation on the install CD. It is in HTML
format. The
> context workbench is also helpful. If you have
> built a few working examples, then indexing
> would be in place automatically providing
> you have a Context Server running with
> a 'D/M' personality. It can be as simple or
> as complicated as you want. One thing
> to check is table 'ctxsys.drq_pending'.
> If this table is being populated, then you
> need to make sure a ConText server is running to process those
entries.

> Regards,
> Tim
>
> > For example, I can
> >not
> >seem to correctly configure my table to automatically index entries.
> >I have not found the standard Oracle documentation very useful.
> >If anyone can recommend any good references I would greatly
appreciate
> >it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 09:51:23 CDT