Re: Native ora 12699 error?

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 01 Sep 1999 10:42:09 -0400

Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com> writes:

> Alex Hudghton wrote:
>
> > Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com> wrote in message
> > > Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Oracle 8.0.5
> > >
> > > After I installed Oracle 8.0.5 on RH6.0 successfully and it runs well
> > > for few days, then one day when I try to enter 'svrmgrl', the error
> > > message is:
> > >
> > > Native error: ora-12699.
> > >
> > > I don't know what does this mean, 'oerr' tells you nothing. But after I
> > > reboot the machine, the error is gone. I also experienced this same
> > > error on Oracle 8.1.5 for RH6.0, but for 8.1.5, the error never went
> > > away. That's part of reason I change to 8.0.5 version
> > >
> > > Could anyone tell me why this happen, and why suddenly it is gone?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Jack
> > >

> > From the Error Messages Manual:
> >
> > ORA-12699: Native service internal error
> > Cause: An internal error occurred in the native services component.
> > Action: Enable tracing to determine the exact error. Contact Worldwide
> > Customer Support.
> >
> > Alex
>
> I also know this message. But is there any other way except call Oracle?
> Thnx!

Nope. Enabling level 16 tracing might help you to determine the exact problem, though. However, without a lot of Oracle internals knowledge, it might not be a lot of help.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.