Display pages of information using ORACLE WEB SERVER

From: Colin Woods <colin.j.woods_at_bt.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:35:06 +0100

Anyone got experience of displaying pages of data using oracle web server

I want to display a queue on a web page, but I want users to be able to scroll up and down different pages of the queue (i.e. the way altavista search results are displayed).

In Oracle webserver when a web page is displayed, access to your cursor is no longer available. Therefore a user will have to run the entire select again in order to view the next page of data in the queue.

I want to avoid having to run a select statement again and again to get the same data, as I had previously.

Does anyone know of any method speeding this process up, e.g. by caching, or only selecting the rows required for display.

regards

Colin Woods Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 05:35:06 CDT