Re: Data integrity checks against data corruption

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:54:35 -0400

Hi Joe,

    Look up the ANALYZE command. It is used to both validate the structure of the database and to collect the statistics used by the Cost Based Optimizer. Basic syntax validating a table structure is:

        ANALYZE TABLE <table_name> VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE;

    It doesn't matter how bulletproof your RDBMS is this is something you need -- just in case. I have had to use it when rebuilding tables and indexes that were corrupted by hardware problems.

Regards
Jerry Gitomer