Re: V$SESSION View

From: <bobbain_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:31:18 GMT

You can also use the following select :-

   select OSUSER
   from V$SESSION
   where SID = (select SID from V$MYSTAT where rownum = 1);

We have used this for audit trail purposes and it works very well.

In article <37cbb9bc.305082168_at_news.chaven.com>,   amerar_at_unsu.com (Arthur Merar) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to get the
OSUSER field from thew
> V$SESSION view.,
>
> Basically I have an ON INSERT trigger that putd
data into another
> table when executed. At this time, I want to
capture the OSUSER of
> the person who caused the trigger to fire.
>
> How can I single out this record? Can I use
the session ID or
> transaction ID or something? How do I get only
one record from my
> query? This record being the record of the
person who caused the
> trigger to fire........
>
> Thanks,
>
> Please send replies to: amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
>
> Arthur

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 09:31:18 CDT