Cannot add data file!?

From: Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:46:47 -0400

Linux 8.0.5 on Red Hat Linux 6.0.

When I try to add a datafile in 'svrmgrl', I issue:

alter tablespace <tablespace name> add datafile '<file name>';

The error message is:

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '<file name>' ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status Linux error: 2 No such file or directory Additional information: 3

I use the 'oerr' to check the error, it said related to available space. But I'm pretty sure that I have enough space to create this file. And the directory which I used to create the file does exist.

I don't know why this happen?

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Jack Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:46:47 CDT