Re: Developer 2000 and Designer 2000- Newbie question

From: <bob.bain_at_terra-nova.e-mail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:38:12 GMT

Developer is NOT part of Designer. Designer is basically a tool to help you model your database and forms etc. etc. etc. You can then use it to generate forms and reports if you have Developer installed.

Reports and forms generators are part of Designer but the actually Builders are not included.

From my experience anyway I wouldn't bother with Designer as it is a very clumsy tool for helping build applications (this is a personal opinion). Great for analysts but crap for real developers.

In article <37cb5b38.8518801_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>,   naranga_at_lunar1.com (N. Roy) wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I am very new to ORACLE and just asking for some basic information. I
> have recently acquired Personal ORACLE 8 and Designer/2000. My
> primary intention is to learn ORACLE8 and what was formerly known as
> the DEVELOPER 2000. I understand that DEVELOPER 2000 is now called
> Developer. Does Designer 2000 have Developer in it? Or do I have to
> get the Oracle Enterprise Developer suite? I am confused after
> looking at the Designer 2000 contents.
>
> My personal e-mail address won't work so please post your reply here.
> Thank you.
> NR

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 09:38:12 CDT