What datatype to use for 0-255 char set?

From: Jasmine TAN <tjasmine_at_starnet.gov.sg>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:15:29 +0800

I tried to update, for e.g., "®ØÝá" into a table with column varchar2(4) using ADODB through VB.

However, when I do a query into the table, I cannot get back those characters exactly as they were.

Also, I have tried declaring the table with datatype of nvarchar2(4) and VB will give me "character set mismatch" error message when I tried to insert those characters into the table.

Kindly advise on which datatype should I use in order to insert and get back those characters mentioned. Thanks. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 04:15:29 CDT