Re: Reinstalling Oracle

From: lai <lyekheng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:45:12 +0800

Did you set ORACLE_SID environment?

To delete oracle service:

    oradim80 -delete -sid <sid>
    Eike J. Heinze wrote in message <37C55C82.63806935_at_compuware.com>...     Leroy,
    I once did these things:

  1. Start/Settings/Control Panel/Services: Find, if running Stop, = Disable all Oracle Services
  2. Run Oracle Installer (if possible) and remove as many of the = installed products as it will.
  3. Run RegEdt32: Delete key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE = and all it's subkeys.
  4. Start Explorer via Start/Settings/Taskbar/Start Menu = Programs/Advanced Navigate to = %YOUR_WINNT_HOME_DIR%\Profiles\AllUsers\StartMenu\Programs\ and delete = all Oracle program groups.
  5. Delete your ORACLE_HOME directory tree.

    My experience is: Really read the installation guide and the = READMEs. And I never had to re-install NT because of Oracle . <sigh>

    There is a way to delete the services from the registry but I = forgot... Sorry. Maybe somebody else could fill in please?

    Regards
    Eike

    leroyg_at_earthlink.net wrote:

        Can someone explain, or direct me to an FAQ or piece of Oracle = documentation

        that explains, how to reinstall Oracle products if you feel = something has gone

        wrong?
        I have installed Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition on Windows NT =
Workstation 4.0,
        along with Developer/2000 2.1 and Designer/2000 2.1.1, but after =
trying to
        set up the Designer repository, I was unable to shut down the =
database using
        svrmgr30, and now I can't connect to the database. I get the =
error ORA-01034
        ORACLE Unavailable. It has gone from bad to worse, and I am =
afraid I have
        done something irreversible. I cannot log in to Server Manager =
as INTERNAL,
        SYS, or SYSTEM, and I get the ORA-01034 error in all my =
products, from
        Designer to Instance Manager to SQL*Plus. I want to clear this =
up ASAP so I
        can begin learning to use Designer to model a new system. I am =
willing to
        resintall if it does not mean reinstalling NT as well. Does =
anyone recognize
        these symptoms and what can be done about them?

        All I want is a clean, desktop developer installation that I can =
use to work
        with SQL, PL/SQL, Designer, and Developer. I don't need anything =
fancy in
        terms of networking or extras beyond the Object capability. How =
can I achieve
        this setup?

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Leroy

        /*

|| Leroy Gonzalez
|| leroyg_at_earthlink.net
*/ Leroy Gonzalez leroyg_at_earthlink.net -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network = ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start =
Your Own Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 20:45:12 CDT