Web Application: ASP or Delphi ActiveForm (ActiveX)???

From: Deja User <dejacom_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:13:46 GMT

What do you think is a better and preferred way to develop standard corporate applications (e.g. pay roll, time keeping, purchase order tracking, budgeting, etc)? Is it Delphi (type) application turned into an ActiveForm (i.e. activeX controls) which talks to the database back end over MIDAS or similar technology, or is it the standard HTML documents with (at most) simple edit fields and drop down list boxed and controlled via Active Server Pages on the back end (so your regular batch processing type scenerio). We are at cross roads where we have to favour one development philosophy over the other and can't seem to make up our mind. More accurately, don't know the advantages or pitfalls of one technique over the other. Would you like to share your experience? thoughts? insights?

Thanks very much!

Regards,
Phil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 17:13:46 CDT