Re: Running procedures remotely

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:23:00 -0400

harronc_at_ibm.net wrote:

> You only need to append the database link to the procedure call, for example
>
> exec proc_at_db_link;
>
> You can create a public synonym to hide the database link, eg
>
> create public synonym proc for proc_at_db_link;
>
> Kenneth C Stahl wrote in message <37CA85A1.D4600922_at_Unforgettable.com>...
> >Here is the general idea for something I need to do but am not quite
> >sure how I would do it.

So if I need to pass parameters would I do something like:

exec remote_proc(var1,var2,var3,etc)@db_link;

What if I just needed to call the remote procedure from within a locally executing script? Would it be:

declare

    var1 varchar2;
    var2 number(3);
    var3 date;
begin

    remote_proc(var1,var2,var3,etc)@db_link; end;

And then again, what if I were calling the remote procedure from Pro-C? Would it be

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
DECLARE
    var1 varchar2;
    var2 number(3);
    var3 date;
BEGIN
    remote_proc(var1,var2,var3,etc)@db_link; END;
END-EXEC; Does all of this look reasonable? Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 11:23:00 CDT