Re: Multiple Databases/Multiple Instances

From: Jeff Smith <spamnadajsmith_at_provide.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:18:24 -0400

Look into using a data base link. Your TNSNames needs to be configured to access each db (which it sounds like it does) and you will need to create the link. Then it is a simple statement as in any other.

You will reference the remote database using '@remotedbname' as defined in you db_link.

This is fairly straight forward, consult you documentation for exact syntax.

Good luck,
Jeff