Re: Access Oracle Lite on CE

From: Olivier Davant <davant_at_homsys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:26:36 +0100

Thank you for your help,

I have already tried using SLQplus
and Oracle Lite Navigator, and it works ! I have no problem accessing the POLite demo database (on my windows CE) from my desktop. But the demo program REPSVR shipped with Oracle Lite on CE doesn't work at all... I've tried the 3 solutions : Disk File, HTTP, and OMA replication but the only problem is that the program cannot access to the database ! It connects to the server but when prompted for a connection to Oracle Lite, I enter the login/password system/manager and the DSN POLite...and nothing happened at all !!! I clicked on connect but there are no reactions at all...the only way to exit was to click Cancel. I'm sure that :
_HTTP, OMA and Disk File Replication work because I've tested it fom a remote location on my network.
_the connection to the database server (an Oracle 8.0.5) works. _The ODBC.INI is also well configured (by default with the DSN POLite and the DSN CE pointing to the database POLite).

So the only reason possible is the connection to the local database.
I was also unable to use the ODBINFO to test POLite... I've carefully studied the doc, but no other procedure to test the database is described...

It's very frustrating because I'm just one step before succesfully validate Oracle Lite for Windows CE for my company !

If you have other ideas (other than going right into the code of the REPSRV demo !!!), I would greatly appreciated...

Thanks.