Re: Alter snapshot log failure

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:56:44 +0200

I make some test, it seems to me that's a bug. As a matter of fact, FLOAT means FLOAT(126) with binary precision that is 38 decimal digits but it seems that alter snapshot log takes the binary precision for the decimal precision:
if you try with FLOAT(38) that's work but if you take FLOAT(39) there is an error on alter snapshot log.

As a work around, you can execute the statements: alter table TPROCESS modify DEFAULT_MARKUP_PCT number; alter snapshot log on TW.TPROCESS add (DEFAULT_MARKUP_PCT); alter table TPROCESS modify DEFAULT_MARKUP_PCT float;

That works, i tried it.

Regards.