How to loop inside a database

From: Steve A <spectre_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:45:55 +0800

Hi,
If I want to take a varchar2 field and add it to another varchar2 string based on a condition inside a loop, how can I do this.(code would be in a stored procedure on the server)

for example my data may be.

Emailsnd           shpshed    qareport
xxx_at_xxx.com          1           0
yyy_at_mm.com           0           1
pp_at_nbnb.com          1           1

basically I would want to prod. a string of the form:

xxx&xxx.com,ppp_at_nbnb.com,ETC
into a variable in a stored procedure, then write it to a file. I have examples of loops but nothing like what I need.I don't understand how the record pointer gets advanced to the next record.

steve Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 01:45:55 CDT