DBA function within organizations

From: <atkastner_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:57:44 -0400

I am interested in the organizational structures for Database Administration in organizations that maintain all of their development and servers at one central office. There are only two organizational models that I can think of. First, there is a central DBA group, which provides various services to the development and operations areas. The second is a distributed DBA function, where applications areas and operations all have their own DBAs.

Personally, I favor a well-managed central group, with service level agreements in place with development and operations groups.

I would be interested in the experience of other organizations and individuals.

You can post your reply, or e-mail me directly at atkastner_at_ibm.net. Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 10:57:44 CDT