Re: Rollback Segment and how to use the statement "Set transaction use rollback segment ???"

From: Ralph Ganszky <ralph.ganszky_at_sap.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:39:03 +0200

Hi Michael,

Your problem is probably that there are running other transactions on Your database which make changes on the table You want to analyze. If this other transactions make changes to datablocks Your transaction have to read, Your transaction have to read the befor image in an other rollback segment which belongs to that other transaction. If one of these block is overwritten by a third transaction, You'll get the ORA-1555 error. The third transaction is only able to overwrite the second transactions bevor images when the second transaction does a commit. To solve Your problem You can do different things. First You can do the analyze job when there are only few other transactions running (especially no transactions changing episodes) Second You can increase all rollback segments. But if You increase the size of the rollback segments, do not only change the maximum size. To solve Your Problem You have to increase the minimum size.

--
Best Regards,

Ralph Ganszky