Stored Procedures versus plain PL-SQL-script

From: goei <goei_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:23:57 +0200

Hi experts,

I want to define a weekly heavy SQL job.

If defining this in a PL-SQL-Sript in will take 2 hours (many I/O and heavy cursors) to do the work. Some says it is wise to shorten the job by defining it in a stored procedure.

I can not imagine this will help much. The performance benifit of a stored procedure is, as i thought:

because the heavynes of the job is caused by the heavy i/o i would think this will not solve enough.

btw1: I already have defined the necessary indexes.

btw2: Where do i find the FAQ for this group?

thank you for help. Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 06:23:57 CDT