Triggers

From: William F. O'Neill <wfoneill_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:33:20 -0500

Can someone supply me with an example of a Trigger as used on an Oracle database, eg. a trigger that would update an audit table, depending on whether the action on a table was Update, Delete, or Insert. To clarify, if I edit Table_A, I want the trigger to activate, bring up the Audit table, and indicate in an Action field that Table_A was just Updated, and that a particular field's value changed ->new value, and what the old value was. If you have any code that is in anyway similar to my requirements, I'd appreciate it. thank you. Bill.... Received on Sat Aug 28 1999 - 19:33:20 CDT