Help! Error in ORA file

From: Szymon Budys <szymonb_at_opegieka.com.pl>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:51:10 GMT

Hello.
I have serious problem with Oracle 8 server. Because of HDD fauilure one of ORA files has been damaged. This file refers to tablespace containing sample data and lost of these data is acceptable. But I must immedietly export data, contained in another tablespace. Oracle server is not able to open database (error ORA - 01110 - file not available...). Database is mounted. What can I do?
Can I, for example, define in parameters file (or in another place) files to be skiped at database startup? Or - Can I remove from MOUNTED (not open) database tablespace with errors?

Please, help me.

Szymon Budys (sorry for my english :-) Received on Sat Aug 28 1999 - 18:51:10 CDT