ODBC Help

From: Anderson <tande922_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:44:34 -0500

Here is my problem.
I'm trying to execute a select query using DAO in VBA.

Private Sub test()
Dim dbs As DataBase, rst As Recordset
Dim strsql, strconnect As String

strconnect = "ODBC;DSN=PROD;"
Set dbs = OpenDatabase("", dbDriverPrompt, False, strconnect) strsql = "Select * from dct_test;"
Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(strsql, , dbSQLPassThrough) <== This is where is bombs.

End Sub

I keep getting the error microsoft jet can't find the table or query 'username.dct_test'.
I know that the table is there because I can insert into it from code. IE
strsql = "Begin Insert into DCT_TEST (TEST) values ('Test'); End;" dbs.execute strsql, dbsqlPassThrough

All I really want to do is populate a DB Grid with the results from my recordset.
What am I doing wrong.
My VBA Skills are OK but I'm a DBA trying to code so you will have to excuse me if my code looks a bit funny. Any help would be great.

TIA, Terry Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 14:44:34 CDT