Re: Can I turn off the rollback function?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:47:20 -0400

Yan Zhou wrote:

> Hi I've been having some problems importing large tables because of the max#
> of extents being reached or some other things. Does anyone know if I can
> turn off the rollback completely by like changing certain parameters or
> something.
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Yan

Are these imports part of a special activity that you'll only be doing temporarily? If so, why not just adjust your rollback segments so that they are large enough.

Actually, what I'd like to suggest is creating a temporary tablespace and put an extra large rollback segment in that tablespace and then when you are doing with this effort just drop the rollback segment and the tablespace. However, if you are using imp to bring the data in there probably isn't any way to assign a transaction to a specific rollback segment.

Ken Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 12:47:20 CDT