ORA-01086 and DATABASE LINK

From: John Hunter <jthunter_at_nbnet.nospam.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:38:58 -0300

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a trigger that writes records to a table through a dblink. I can issue an insert statement and the data is transferred without problem, but when I try to execute a trigger with similar code I get the following error message:

ORA-01086: Savepoint 'DOA_LOCKPOINT' never established.

I'm running Oracle 7.3.3.6 on an Alpha running Open VMS and linking to Oracle 7.3.4.3 running on Aix (Unix).

Any hints would be great,
*please remove the nospam if replying by email* thanks,
-John Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 07:38:58 CDT