Oracle available for AS/400?

From: <apistogramma_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:18:16 GMT

I'm new to having to deal with databases like Oracle and to compound matters I'm brand-new to the AS/400 (came from 9 years of UNIX - talk about culture shock!). I was looking at the Oracle site yesterday, trying to find out if they offered a database for the AS/400. I searched high and low and found nothing except for some add-on products that Oracle sells for the AS/400. Seems that DB2 is the only way to go for IBM. This just seems too weird for me, that Oracle, a huge database company, wouldn't have an offering for the AS/400. Can anyone confirm or contradict this? Thanks!

Kelly Beard (that's "Mr." to you!), Cat IV President, Allanti Cycling Club (http://www.allanti.com) Member, The Aquatic Gardeners Association (http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org) Member, American Killifish Association (http://www.aka.org) Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 09:18:16 CDT