Re: Oracle 8 on Linux

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:39:49 -0400

Hi Bala,

    As long as you have defined your Win 98 partitions to Linux as filesystems you can mount them and access the data they contain.

    Also check and see if you have mtools installed since they will allow you read and copy FAT format files (don't know about FAT32 and NTFS) into a Linux partition.

Regards
Jerry Gitomer

bmtbala_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7q4vfk$of0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hi all,
>
>I'm thinking to install Oracle 8 on my linux. I have partitioned
my PC.
>I have the downloaded Oracle 8 on my Win 98 partition. I want to
>install that software on my linux partitions. Can I do this ?.
Will I