Failed to load Oracle OCI JDBC driver (8.0.5.2).

From: Shu-Fang (Ninon) Hsu <ninon_at_interactive.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:53:56 -0400

Hi,

I failed to load Oracle OCI JDBC driver (8.0.5.2) in a stand-alone Java application
developed using Visual Cafe 3.0.C. I used Class.forName ("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver")
to load it but got a run time error : ClassNotFoundException.

The driver was installed under C:\JDBC\LIB\classes111.zip. Also the necessary shared lib
oci805jdbc.dll was in the same directory. Both CLASSPATH and PATH were set up to point to
this directory too. I also tried to unzip classes111.zip and did see the driver class was out there:
C:\JDBC\LIB\oracle\jdbc\driver\OracleDriver.class. But still got same error.

Did I miss out something or do something wrong. Thanks in advance if someone can help me out.

-Ninon Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 07:53:56 CDT