Re: Can I turn off the rollback function?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:02:09 +0200

No,
you can't turn off rollback, as that will disable one of the essences of databases.
You can however run your import with COMMIT=Y. This will make sure as soon as BUFFER bytes have been written, a commit is issued, thus allowing for smaller rollback segments. IMO, you should revise your rollback segments also anyway.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA