Re: Client cannot connect to WebDB

From: Peter Shaw <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:51:09 +0100

Any progress? I am running Oracle v8.0.3. In the release notes for WebDB it indicates that it works with Oracle databases 7.3.4, 8.0.5 and 8i. Is the problem this simple? I would be grateful if you could confirm what you have your end.

Xander Burchartz wrote:

> I forgot to mention that I already tried that. It didn't solve the problem
> :(
>
> <jmvegalerin_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > If you'are using a proxy server, you need to configure the webbrowser,
> > the option "Do not use proxy servers for domains beginning with" with
> > the IP addreess of de computer, when the WEBDB is installed.
> >

> > In article <935581186.16785.0.pluto.d4ee4f4f_at_news.demon.nl>,
> > "Xander Burchartz" <xander_at_burchartz.demon.nl> wrote:
> > > I'm thinking in the same direction: Oracle is installed on a
> > stand-alone
> > > server, which is connected to a LAN. Maybe Domain Controller is the
> > problem?
> > >
> > > Peter Shaw <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk> wrote in message
> > problem
> > > this
> > router
> > > here
> > this

> > > Internet
> > on a

> > in

> > same
> > > box

> > 'webdb_box',

> > pack
> > > 5.
> > clients can
> > database
> > > but I
> > don't
> > > know

Peter
<peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk> Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 08:51:09 CDT