Re: Client cannot connect to WebDB

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:58:00 -0700

Ok,
1) try http://ip_address (whatever the ip address is of the webdb machine).

Also try to ping the webdb machine from a client machine by both name and ip address...

If that works,
2) Talk with your network people and have them configure the DNS server to include an entry for the webdb machine. This should fix the problem.

or for a really quick test,
3) from one of the client machines, find the hosts file on that machine and add an entry for your webdb machine.

Hope some of this is of some help.
Cindy