Delete a record in a table

From: KRM <malleykr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:34:45 GMT

Hello.

I am trying to delete a record in a table in Reports 2.5. I am trying to use a cursor to do so. I am trying to use the: DELETE <table_name> WHERE CURRENT OF <cursor_name>

I am running into a problem. I have found in two books that I should be declaring the cursor to be FOR UPDATE OF..., however, the examples the books give list column names, not table names. I need to be able to update all the columns, as I will be deleting an entire row. Also, I am trying to use the DELETE statement within a loop of the cursor. Can someone please give me an example of the syntax? I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kristen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 12:34:45 CDT