Re: Describe all tables

From: Gary O'Keefe <gary_at_onegoodidea.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:59:07 GMT

A keyboard was whacked upside HSK's head and out came:

>Hi..
>
>Does anyone have, or know how to make, a SQL-script that describes all
>tables a user owns (Oracle 7.3) ?

This works on 7.3.2.3:

break on table_name skip 2
set pages 5000
set verify off

column length format 999999

accept uname prompt 'Enter username: '

SELECT table_name,

        column_name,
        data_type "TYPE",       -- column aliases to stop running
        data_length "LENGTH"    -- over onto next display line
FROM all_tab_columns
WHERE owner = upper('&uname')
/

I hope this helps

Gary
--
Gary O'Keefe
gary_at_onegoodidea.com

You know the score - my current employer has nothing to do with what I post Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 10:59:07 CDT