Re: ORA-04031 errors

From: Brian McCabe <brian_at_nospam.mccabe.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:21:30 +0100

Personally, I would investigate the use of the shared pool a little more. If you have large packages which are failing to obtain segments then it might just be that the space is getting too fragmented. Take a look at DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin frequently used, large objects in memory at startup.

In the longer term, if your SGA continues to grow and grow, ythen it might be worth reviewing the application code to ensure that it follows some kind of standards which should allow for re-use of parsed commands.