Re: Forms 5.0 - Calling one trigger from another

From: <newbie22_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:13:42 GMT

HI,

Thanks for all your responses!

This particular question was more academic. I know about creating common blocks in a program. In ProC, and PL/SQL, all my cursors and most variables are global.

Here, I'm only using buttons, and a message to figure out how to fire the other trigger. This is very easy to do in Visual Basic.

Is is possible to do this in Oracle Forms 5.0? From the initial responses, it doesn't sound possible.

Thanks again,

Newbie

In article <Pagw3.114$tS.3744_at_nntp.csufresno.edu>,   stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) wrote:
> In article <7prt5k$9li$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, <newbie22_at_my-deja.com>
wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am learing Oracle Forms 5.0 and am I
> >am trying to do what I can do in other
> >GUI front ends.
> >
> >I have created a form with two buttons,
> >both in a control data block. The when_button_pressed
> >trigger of the first button sends a message.
> >
> >From the second push button,
> >I want to call the trigger of the FIRST button.
> >
> >This is easily done in Visual Basic.
> >How can I do this in forms? Is it possible?
>
> Create a procedure in the form, and call it from both
> when-button-pressed triggers. You should always do common processing
> in a procedure.
>
> Steve Cosner
> http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
> Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 09:13:42 CDT