Re: Oracle startup script won't end.

From: Tom <tray_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 24 Aug 1999 20:10:59 GMT

Good idea. I'll try it. I do need to be more detailed with my original question though. After further investigation, I found that this script isn't run locally, unfortunately the job is being run via an rexec from an MVS batch job that doesn't end because the database comes up (on the RISC box) and leaves the processes started leaving MVS to believe the job is still running. The MVS job eventually times out. Not good. So, what newsgroup should I ask about this one? Any suggestions?

Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote in article <37C2EC05.9E2C0631_at_Unforgettable.com>...
> Tom wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> > I have created a simple script to startup and shutdown my
instances
> > automatically. I run the startup script and it doesn't finish, but the
> > shutdown script does. Is this because the script spawns other
processes?
> > How can I get the script to end without killing it? This could be an
AIX or