Re: SQL*PLUS spooling and CR/LF

From: abrusko <abruskoNOnvSPAM_at_binney-smith.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:34:43 -0700

Ken,

I am creating this comma-delimited file to send to an off- site service that has told me they require a CR/LF at the end of each record.

I don't know what is requiring them to do this, but they are requesting the data this way.

Unfortunately I am restricted by the tools that I have available and by various other department standards.

I have SQL*PLUS to do my SQL statements, which I am using to produce the comma-delimited file that I will send off- site. This will be a very simple and effective means of producing this file if I can just assure that there is a CR/LF at the end of each record. My record will be of fixed length (416 characters long) and is I am using 416 on the "Set linesize" statement. Shouldn't I be able to view this file and shouldn't I be able to "detect" the CR/LF by putting the cursor at the end of the line an hitting the "arrow" key and being "bounced" down to the next line?

So I'm back to the original question of: How can I ensure that there is a CR/LF at the end of each physical line in my comma-delimited file?

P.S. Thanks alot for your reply and info!