Oracle/XA + Java [was: Oracle: Java + distributed transactions (CORBA OTS + 2PC)]

From: Klaus Hildner <klaus_at_hildner.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:15:46 +0000

Hello world,
hi Todd, Bunny, and Eberhard (via BCC),

there seem to be two solutions/compromises to my problem:

  1. http://java.sun.com/jta for JTA/JTS (the Java Transaction API/Service), specifying the packages javax.transaction and javax.transaction.xa, along with my sought-for prepare() functionality offered by http://java.sun.com/products/jta/javadocs-1.0.1/javax/transaction/xa/XAResource.html. Unfortunately, there currently seems to be no implementation (yet)!?
  2. a vendor (Inprise)-specific support for distributed transactions for Oracle XA + Sybase and JBuilder for C++ *no_Java* *sigh*

I additionally will check what EJB support could do for my problem.

I will have a look in the JBuilder 3 for database apps manuals tomorrow morning. This all is very unsatisfying.

For anyone interested in the topic: There is an article on JTS in the German language magazine iX, 8/99, on pp. 116.

*ciao*

Klaus
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best regards, Klaus Hildner [http://hildner.de] [mailto:klaus@hildner.de] Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 16:15:46 CDT