Re: Why can't a variable have the same name as a table ...

From: David Garbett <dgarbett_at_vossnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:14:50 +0100

I had something like this and it was because I had access to the table through a role,
After reading the manuals for about a week. I found that you can't create a stored object using rights assigned through a role. Unfortunately Oracle generates an incorrect message for this. Try creating a view on the table and you will see the message that ought to have been given.
In order to create stored procedures you will need the DBA to give rights directly to your userid.