Oracle: Java + distributed transactions (CORBA OTS + 2PC)

From: Klaus Hildner <klaus_at_hildner.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:09:38 +0000

Hello world,

is there anybody out there who can give me a hint on how to drive an Oracle server from a Java program; I do not need the usual JDBC query/update functionality but the possibility to drive an XA-like two-phase commit (2PC) protocol.

I am currently working on my diploma thesis and have developed a skeleton manufacturing execution system MES with Java (JBuilder) and CORBA (VisiBroker). Currently, the resource part is simulated in memory, but it takes part in transaction completion via the OTS-coordinator's prepare(), commit(), commit_one_phase(), and rollback() methods.

Important for me is a mechanism that lets a resource alternatingly join several transaction branches, i. e. the resource should work on part of one transaction, then on part of another, and some time later commit the first one and some time later maybe rollback the second one. This could be done by connection pooling and JDBC, I think. But it is a problem to get the prepare() functionality for the 2PC which is very important for consistent, distributed updates.

Anyone having any hints, program examples, anything?

Please email me a CC, as I am not reading this (huge) newsgroups regularly. If good answers are flooding in, I could post a summary.

*thanks*
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best regards, Klaus Hildner [http://hildner.de] [mailto:klaus@hildner.de] Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 18:09:38 CDT