Re: listener problem with Oracle 8.0.5 under Linux

From: <biogeo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 16:42:08 GMT

In article <379C3A5B.6683BC04_at_eyrolles.com>,   Aurelien Girard <agirard_at_eyrolles.com> wrote:
> I run Oracle 8.0.5 under a RedHat5.2 linux distribution on an internet
> server (Apache 1.3.6 with php3 support)
> Oracle (and apache) just works fine but I can't acces the database from
> my brwoser because of an Oracle login error. I believe this error comes
> from the listener because even if it's not started, I get the same
> error (error n°12545)
> The weirdest thing is that sometimes (but it's quite rare) just
> restarting both the listener and apache will make it work !
> I just don't understand where the problem comes from.
> Please, help me.

Hmm, I have encountered the same problem, the whole thing worked for some time, after a apache restart everything went crap.
I have tried to add some env vars directly via an php3 script with putenv, and it got even more lousy.
After adding the ORACLE_HOME var, I got 3 different error messages, mostly about TNS-could not resolv service name (I am able to log in to differnet instances via sqlplus !!!).
Then I added the ORACLE_SID var and got an ORA 03106-fatal two-task error.
I tried both connecting via the old oracle-php3 and the oci-php3, its always the same problem.

/mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 11:42:08 CDT