Re: BEQUETH protocol for local database?

From: <krish_deb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 23:39:34 GMT

Hello

SQL*Net 2.3.4.0.2 is avaliable on the PO 8.0.4 CD and also on the Programmer 2000/Oracle 8.0.5 client CD. It is listed under Oracle Networking Products.

Programmer 2000 can be downloaded from oracle, it is 200+ MB. I am not sure if the download has all the contents of the CD. But this is worth a try if you run out of options.

If you don't have either CD check your PO8 distribution for the right SQLnet. Otherwise you can download it - maybe from technet.oracle.com (I dont know if it is available) Maybe you can try this newsgroup for a more definite answer as to the download of 2.3.4.0.2 ( or even a patch on 2.3.4.0.0)

In U.S you can get these Oracle CDs for just $4.95 as a trial license (from online oracle store at www.oracle.com). You will probably have something similar in Holland. ( assuming you r in Holland! ) You can check with your local Oracle office for this. I am sure they will have a solution.

Thanks
Krish

In article <7plrlm$9ol$1_at_buty.wanadoo.nl>,   "N. Steffens" <nsteffens_at_advantage.nl> wrote:
> Indeed, I have SQL*NET 2.3.4.0.0
>
> Where can I get 2.3.4.0.2? If I don't have the 8.0.4 cd?
> Or is that the only way?
>
> thnx,
>
> Niels

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 21 1999 - 18:39:34 CDT