Re: OK Gurus - one to test you re Triggers

From: Phil singer <psinger_at_livingonline.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:26:42 +0000

Fraser Boswell wrote:

> Sorry if this doesnt make sense to you, I havent quite got it myself.
> Say I have a cursor which holds all the fieldnames and I load the
> fieldname into a variable called colname.
> in a For Cursor Loop I want to reference each column from it's name in
> the colname
> So in the After Update query I want to write:
> IF :NEW.colname != :OLD.colname THEN -- field has been updated
> --etc
> END IF;
> except :NEW.colname gives me a bad bind variable error.
> How do you get round this. Dynamic SQL?
>
> help please? Thanks in advance
>
> Fraser

What is the ORA- number of the error?

--

Phil Singer                     |psinger1_at_livingonline.com(home)
Oracle DBA & Webmaster          |psinger1_at_ford.com (work)

"Now with the wisdom of years, I like to reason things out. And thhe only people I fear are those who never have doubts"

                            ....Billy Joel