Re: Code modularity, seeking suggestions

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:46:07 GMT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:31:12 GMT, david.archer_at_chase.com wrote:

>Not wanting to get into the details of you query ... have you tried
>MINUS ? If this works for you it will be considerably faster than the

I didn't know about MINUS. I re-did the procedure as just an SQL script, and it ran about 8 times faster in one direction, and about 20 times faster in the other.

That didn't address my original question, but I did learn a better approach.

Thank you.

PS -- Upon further examination, I believe that you have helped with some other related problems as well.
hlh_NOSPAM_at_excite.com is a valid, unmunged address! It is also so full of spam(!) that I don't read it. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 15:46:07 CDT