Re: OpenCursors - ORA-1000

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:03:17 GMT

V$OPEN_CURSOR - This view lists cursors that each user session currently has opened and parsed.

If a cursor cannot be opened due to a limit on the number of cursors, the database administrator can alter the OPEN_CURSORS initialization parameter.

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:43:10 +0100, Tom Kunetz <thomas.kunetz_at_cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

>--------------EEE9C7D4FDD45CBD06A7C790
>
>Hi
>
>I have a java server which requests an Oracle database. Sometimes I have
>this Error:
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
>but I close all the statements and resultsets.
>
>Does anyone knows how to retrieve the actual number of Open Cursors. In
>the documentation the maximum is 50 but I would like to be able to
>retrieve this number dynamically.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Tom.
>--------------EEE9C7D4FDD45CBD06A7C790
>
>begin:vcard
>n:Kunetz;Tom
>tel;home:(00 353 01) 873 59 62
>tel;work:(00 353 01) 873 59 62
>x-mozilla-html:FALSE
>url:wilde.cs.tcd.ie:1515
>org:Trinity College, Dublin ;Department of Computer Science
>adr:;;15 Capel Street;DUBLIN;;DUBLIN 1;IRELAND
>version:2.1
>email;internet:thomas.kunetz_at_cs.tcd.ie
>title:Msc in Networks and Distributed Systems
>x-mozilla-cpt:;26272
>fn:Tom Kunetz
>end:vcard
>
>--------------EEE9C7D4FDD45CBD06A7C790--

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 07:03:17 CDT