BEQUETH protocol for local database?

From: N. Steffens <nsteffens_at_advantage.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:29:49 +0200

Here is what I really want... I got all kinds of help already.. thank U all very much for that!
But I still have the following... hope this is a better explenation of what's happening :-)..

I have Personal Oracle 8
and Developer 2.1:

When I want to use the BEQueth protocol. I understand that that should be more easy than TCP and stuff... but WHAT do I need to do to get this BEQ protocol working?

It is in tnsnames and when I start the database I can connect without any problem with PL/SQL
without even having to enter an host string.

When I give TNSPING80 BEQ-LOCAL it gives an 'OK' as return.. looks good.. but TNSPING BEQ-LOCAL doesn't work.

When I restart windows 95,
start the database,
then PL/SQL connects great (without host string). When I try to start up Forms 5 and try to connect (without host string) It takes a long while and
then I got the following error:

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed.

When I then stop PL/SQL and start it again and connect I get:

ORA-12547: TNS: lost contact.

And then I also cannot close the database anymore which gives the same lost contact message.

What am i doing wrong. Is it possible to use BEQUETH? Or do i have to install something for that (Like TCP protocol in CONFIGURATION/NETWORK)?

Hope this is some more info?
Or do U advice me to use TCP??? It's just for a local database.....

BTW, Do I have to start the lsnrctl80 START if I want to use the BEQueth protocol?

Hope someone can help me,

thnx in advance,
Nielsie Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 13:29:49 CDT