Re: Changing Redolog file Sizes

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:03:45 +0100

In article <37bd5cf7_at_News>, Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com.nospam> writes
>You do not need to do anything with the control files.
>
>Simply create new log group of the appropriate sizes then drop the old log
>groups.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it wasn't considered 'good' to have a missing log group number e.g. the above would create log group 2 and not have a log group 1. Any idea whether I really read this and if so why it is not 'good'?

Andy
P.S Of course, you'd probably create a second large log group - in which case it would become group 1.

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request